Sent: May 12, 2005 07:23
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] [TruthTalk] baptism

Caroline wrote:
> Did what Kevin et. al. do harden people's hearts and
> turn them away from Jesus Christ? Then that's bad.

Why would such be bad?  Have you not read how the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart?  Don't you think Jesus himself hardened the hearts of the scholars (both Sadducees and Pharisees) of his day?  Was that bad?

What God hates more than hardened hearts is apathy and lukewarmness.  God's ministers polarize people, dividing the wicked from the righteous.  People need to be pushed toward loving God with all their hearts or toward hardened hearts and a disdain for Christianity.  I see this as a good thing.  Choose this day whom you will serve, then do it with all your heart.