[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I personally have reason to respect Ruben Israel.   My comments are not personal.   But  ---   "different strokes for  different folks"  is my response to Ruben's defense.   What is in evidence, I suppose, is that preaching (including "street preaching") is an acceptable vehicle for spreading the message of hope.  Except for the Noah example,  what we have is a series of examples of how the message was presented to the children of God  -----------     the Jews.  We are repeatedly reminded that among these people of God,  few would respond.    Perhaps Heb 6:4-6 explains why. No doubt, preaching the message of God's love apart from His disappointment (His wrath)  gives one something less than the full picture.   I incorporate the message of love in my ministry becau se of the information I find in the letters of the apostles and prophets.    The commands that bear repeating in I John are "love God" and "love the brethren."   We are reminded that " no one has seen God at any time --  but if we love one another, God abides in us"  I J 4:12.   In fact, "if God loved us, we should love others"  ( I J 4:11).  I include the radical notion of love in my ministry because I see it in the words of Paul   --   "I become all things to all men so that by all means I might save some."   The fulfillment of the Law gave us liberty  --  but Paul reminds us that we are constrained by   --------------------------   aaaaaahhhhh   love !!    "  The gospel of John presents the very reason for the Incarnation   --   "Because God loved the world   ...."  The Fatherhood of God is an exclusive New Testament consideration.   At the centre of Fatherhood is this thing we seek to exclude  ---------   love.   We dare not forget the very essence of God   --  expressed in the statement "God is love."  The letters of the apostles are full of considerate dialogue and loving guidance.  Paul reminds us that knowledge has its limitations, but if we love, we are known by God.    Where harsh straight talk may be the way to the Jewish heart,  it certainly was not the norm in other venues.      I include love in my ministry because people need to know about it.   Salute.

JD
I see love on ruben's part.  For God and for the lost sinner.  How cpuld you stand the abuse day after day, year after year if you did not love those who abuse you.  I am amazed that he hasn't punched someone out.
Terry