DAVE:  ???   I don't understand your answer, Lance.  Are you saying you think I am here to teach Mormon doctrine?

Lance Muir wrote:
I have never observed otherwise.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: May 27, 2005 03:06
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [TruthTalk] mormon angels. was: Dave uses Socratic Method of Teac

Are you on TT to teach mormon doctrine?

DAVEH:  No, Perry....as I've explained before, that was not what motivated me to join TT, nor is it the reason I remain.   My main focus was and is to learn about your (Protestants in general) beliefs........and, I must say...I've learned a lot, though not quite what I expected.

    It is obvious that despite all your searching you were unable to find any instance of me saying I am........

NOT TEACHING MORMON DOCTRINE on TT.

...........as you inaccurately suggested.  (Will there be a forthcoming apology?)

    What you will find is that I have stated that in addition to satisfying my curiosity about other TTer's beliefs, I also am willing to reciprocate by answering questions TTers might have about my beliefs, and try to correct any misconceptions.....or words to that effect.   I don't feel that makes me a teacher of Mormon doctrine, but rather I see it as being courteous to those who what to know what floats a Mormon's boat.  And please do not misconstrue what I just said, Perry......that simply is not the reason I came to TT.