Very interesting but erroneous!

The source for most "Mormon Bashing" is lost income??????
One would have to be inculcated with a doctrine that says all "priests" that receive income are an abomination. Thus LDS use LAY workers. I won't call them preachers cause they can't even preach mormonism. It is a point of PRIDE with LDS "we have NO Paid ministers"
Although the Apostles and Prophets receive nice stipends like appointments to boards of large corporations.
http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/paidclergy.htm

IS THIS MOCKERYof CHRISTIAN BELIEFS?
Christian pastors "hirelings of Satan" ?
In April of 1990, the Temple ceremony went through some dramatic revisions, including the portion where Lucifer hires a minister to preach what Mormons view as false doctrine (termed "the orthodox religion" in the ceremony). The pastor is first interviewed by Lucifer who asks him if he has "been to college and received training for the ministry." Lucifer tells the pastor that if he is able to convert people to his "orthodox religion," he will pay him well. Lucifer then takes the preacher to two characters portraying "Adam and Eve" and tells him they "desire religion." The preacher tries to convince Adam to believe in a God who fills the universe, yet is so small that he can dwell in a person's heart, and a God that is surrounded by a myriad of beings who have been saved by grace. He also tries to convince Adam of the perils of hell, "a lake of fire and brimstone where the wicked are cast." Adam, the "good guy" in the scenario, rejects his teachings. Of course this is intended to make Christian pastors to look like hirelings of Satan bent on convincing God's children to believe in a false gospel. Today, all mention of this minister has been dropped entirely from the ceremony.

BOASTING:
"It can be said also that the officers of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who labor without salaries coming out of the pockets of the members, are just as spiritually minded, have just as good judgment and wisdom in directing the temporal as well as the spiritual welfare of the people, as are any of the ministers who spend their entire time in what may be called spiritual counsel. For instance, the bishops of our wards and the presidents of our stakes and other officers give their time freely without any monetary compensation paid by members of the Church. It is equally true that the young men and women who are distributed over the face of the earth as missionaries of the Church pay their own way, or their parents do. We do not have a paid ministry, yet these brethren put in as much time in spiritual and Church duties, as do ministers of other denominations who devote their entire time, and in addition, they are under the necessity of earning their own living by their daily employment in industry. They do this because they have an abiding testimony of the divinity of the work the Church requires of them" (President Joseph Fielding Smith Answers to Gospel Questions, Vol. 3, p.79).

STD WORKS ALLOW PAID MINISTRY
D&C 42:71-73 states bishops, elders and high priests  are to receive "a just remuneration for all their services."
"The law of remuneration is that those who administer in spiritual affairs must have their stewardships and labor for their living, 'even as the members.' This is wisdom. For in that position they are absolutely independent and can preach the truth without fear. Those who administer in temporal affairs and give their entire time to public business are to have a just remuneration. If they were to earn a living for themselves they could not give all their time and energy to the community" (Doctrine and Covenants Commentary, 1973 edition, p.234).

PAID BY THE CHURCH
Thirty-nine general officers and the presidents of missions are given living Allowances." (What of the Mormons?, p. 4)
Salt Lake Tribune, Dec. 8, 1988 "The $1.2 million condominium at 40 N. State that is home to the president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be exempt from property taxes, Salt Lake County commissioners ruled Tuesday."
Wall Street Journal, Nov. 9, 1983, the salary given to a Seventy was reported to be $40,000 What would that be today with inflation?
1870 census Brigham Young declared personal property worth $102,000 and real estate valued at $1,010,600." ( The Lion of the Lord, by Stanley Hirshson, Knopf Pub., 1969, p.247)

David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Blaine wrote:
> When one who practices priestcraft sees his income being diminished because his patrons are being converted to Mormonism, he strikes out against the religion, hoping to destroy it. This is the source of most present-day Mormon bashing.

Very interesting thoughts, Blaine. Thanks for sharing your perspective
here.