Dave, pick a definition, any definition. Just don't pick one that labels what you do as "teaching".

From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Perry vs DaveH
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 13:06:07 -0700

DAVEH: FWIW Perry, you may be the one trying to change the culture (see below), so to speak. As I pointed out, there are many definitions of teach, but the one I feel is appropriate for TT agrees with what DavidM posted today about the meaning of teaching (/sermonizing)/......

DavidM wrote:

Actually, he does tell the saints that they come together to GIVE a sermon, and such implies that there will be some there to HEAR a sermon. :-)

1 Corinthians 14:26
(26) How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

Notice the word "doctrine" in this list of what the Corinthian believers were doing when the whole church comes together. *This is teaching -- a sermon. *

.......Do you think what I post qualifies as sermons? Furthermore, do you really think other TTers have joined TT to listen to me /sermonizing? / Therefore Perry, is it not you who wants to use another definition in an attempt to change the culture here?

Charles Perry Locke wrote:

When a  person is steeped in a culture in which the cultural leaders
redefine words to have untraditional meanings, for the purpose of making the

culture appear to be other than it really is , this begins to affect it's
adherents, as we see with Blaine above, and have recently seen with DaveH in his limited definition of the word "teach", which exclusdes his own actions
on TT.

--
Dave Hansen