From: "Charles Perry Locke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org>
Sent: June 25, 2005 15:51
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Belief

Lancey,

The context has changed from our previous discussions, lance. previously
Dave has alwayss discussed from the viewpoint of his mormon views...but

now

we are discussing strictly in the context of the Bible. Combine that with
the fact that often the words Christians traditionally use mean different
things when mormons use them, and we have a problem.

For example the word 'god'. Dave asked me if I could find any verses in

the

Bible that indicate that God does not have a body of flesh and bones. To

me

that means 'the Father' automatically. I used "the Trinity" when talking
about all three together. I gave him several referencesl. Then he comes

back

with  the fact that jesus jad a body after resurrection and he thought
Christians believed that.

WAIT A MINUTE! When Dave says 'god' he can be talking about the father, or
jesus, or the holy spirit, since all three are separate gods to him! I am
just tying to find out in which context he is using the term 'god' so we

can

continue. This kind of word play goes on continually when mormons

re-define

the words, and when discussing rekigion with mormons, one must CONTINUALLY
be on the alert for redefined words.

Good night, Lancey.