Blaine was using a parable popular in LDS circles to explain WORKS salvation.
CONTEXT!
Being Born into God's family.

You would never know it but my Dad was a BIG Man!
I am like my father because I am his son. I am not like your father.
I was not involved in my own conception NOR the delivery.

I am like my heavenly father because I am his son. I have the family CHACTERistics!

What we were discussing is, being BORN INTO the family, you have changed the subject to family behavior. Blaine is NOT in the family, different CHARACTER. (OR as JO would say "CARACTOR")

David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kevin wrote:
> When you were born did your mother do ALL
> the work or did you help her? Was she upset
> that you were just along for the ride?

Point taken, Kevin, but what about after we are born? What kind of child
allows his mother to continue to do all the work? I knew a man once who was
in his forty's who lived with his parents. I don't know what his home life
was like, but if his mother continued to do all the work for him and he did
not help her out, I would not think very well of him. Would you?

Yahoo! Sports