Well said and, good supporting illustrations.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: July 15, 2005 12:17
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] On playing chess & On reading/interpreting the Scriptures for living (not for 'A' living)

Bill's point is valid IMO in the same way we can often have intensely personal encounters with a stranger sitting next to us on an airplane trip, because we know we will never see each other again.  Therefore there is no threat in being perfectly honest and open.  Have you ever had encounters like that? Like the man who told me that he was thinking of divorcing his wife, and I encouraged him against it. Like the teenaged who was going to visit her mother for the summer and I encouraged her to give her life to the Lord completely. Like the woman going to visit her son and daughter in law who were expecting a baby any day and the same time I was going to see mine for the same reason and we became good friends, and still keep contact. (Woops--we didn't remain anonymous there!)

I think TT offers such anonymity and intimacy at the same time.  We know each other only insofar as we choose to portray and expose ourselves here--knowing that we will most likely never meet most of those to whom we are revealing ourselves.  But unfortunately I don't remember everything I have read about everyone, and often miss some things I'm sure. izzy