DaveH wrote:
> Except in the RCC, authority apparently has little
> relevance, and doctrinal disputations (misinterpretations)
> seemingly divide Protestantism as efficiently as a Ginsu
> knife demonstration slices, chops and dices onions.

Well, Dave, with 85% of Americans claiming to be Christian, and Jesus saying
that narrow and straight is the way that leads to eternal life and few there
be that find it, there really does need to be some division among
Christians.  Even Jesus said:

Matthew 10:34-36
(34) Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
peace, but a sword.
(35) For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the
daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in
law.
(36) And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.