From: "David Miller" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Judy wrote:
> Problem is that the scriptures he used were not pertaining to the
weakness of Jesus flesh;
> the ONLY scriptures on this subject are the ones using the word
"likeness" - the others
> speak to different areas or our pilgrimage - which is different from
His even though he did
> leave us an example to follow and power from on high to enable us.

Judy, the Scriptures I use most definitely DO pertain to the weakness of
Jesus flesh.
As you point out, the strongest one mentions SINFUL flesh (Rom. 8:3).

jt: Romans 8:3 speaks (post resurrection) to us and our sinful flesh -
Vs.2 contrasts two laws
The law of sin and death
The law of the spirit of life in Christ
Do you believe that when he inhabited a physical body Christ walked under
the law of sin and death?

You are hung up on the word "likeness," apparently interpreting it to
mean "counterfeit" or something like that.
Well, Jesus did not have a counterfeit flesh, a flesh that looked like
human flesh but really was not.

jt: I agree he had a genuine flesh body, but don't accept that he had a
fallen flesh nature.

The other passages I have mentioned focus very much on how Christ humbled
himself by becoming man.

jt: Sure - for someone who created everything that is to become part of
His creation and put on a body
suit must be humbling and then to serve them rather than to be served is
even more humbling.

It speaks of his suffering, or his experiencing death, etc., all things
that have to do with flesh that is corruptible.
Death is the strongest evidence that his flesh was the same.  The
Scriptures teach us that the sting of death
is sin.  Lord willing, I will share more later.

jt: In His case - our sin, not His.