JD, the word Christ means "anointed" and this is what I have been saying - that He represents God and He
represents man - But isn't all of either in human form.  jt

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 07:54:57 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Anthropos is the Greek word.  Lexicon definition includes this nuance:  [with regard to the article, generically] all human individuals [without regard to male and female]  -- Thayer.    (Arnt and Gengrich, Liddle and Scott add to this presentation).    The phrases "Son of God"  and "Son of Man" are not specific references to God the FAther and Mary the Mother .  In a nutshell, these phrases present to us a Christ who belongs to, is the full embodiment of,  all that is God /all that is man.   He belongs to God.   He belongs to man(kind).  He represents God.  He represents man.

JD

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:43:57 -0700
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Re:John 16:13,14

DAVEH:   Why did you change man to mankind, John?  Is the root word the same?  I'm out of town, and don't have my reference books, nor do I have time to look into it at the moment.  But it sure seems to me that there is a big difference between man and mankind.  If they were originally meant to be the same, I would have thought the Bible translators would have been anxious to use the same term, yet they chose a different one.

    So......what am I missing here?   Is your assumption based on something other than traditional Protestant thought?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In my posted comment below, I say "God and man."    He is the Son of God and, thus, God Himself  (John 5:18).  He is the Son of Man, thus, man(kind) himself.   As Son of God,  He is the fullness of the very nature of God,  the visible presentation of the invisible God.   As Son of Man, He is the prefect(ed) representative of man !!   As a result,   in Him,  mankind, full of faith, escapes judgment  (John 5:24 and Col 1:22, where the word translated "blameless" means "unaccused" or he who "cannot be called into account"  -  Thayer).  PTL !!

JD