pretty decent post.

JD

-----Original Message-----
From: LBetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:42:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] opinions invited

According to www.dictionary.com, the adverb "bloody" is given the following definition:
 1.. Chiefly British Slang. Used as an intensive: "Everyone wants to have a convict in his bloody family tree" (Robert Hughes).
 2..
 adv.
 Chiefly British Slang. Used as an intensive: bloody well right.
Also, the word profanity is given 2 definitions
pro·fan·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-fn-t, pr-)
n. pl. pro·fan·i·ties
 1.. The condition or quality of being profane.
 2..
  1.. Abusive, vulgar, or irreverent language.
  2.. The use of such language
n : vulgar or irreverent speech or action

The following link gives us some insight into the origin of the slang word "bloody": http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mbloody.html Interesting anyway!

The Word says "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

"The inward man is being renewed day by day." (2 Corinthians 4:16)

"As the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness." (Ephesians 4:21-24)

Kat
----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry Clifton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]