Go ahead then and tell us what you believe and STOP playing the victim.
Unless of course you are ashamed of what you really believe and hope that noone will notice, just blame me.

No Answer? Are these questions too tuff or too close to home?

Do you claim it was not the LDS god's purpose to be fulfilled by TRANSGRESSION?

Do you see the fall as just a FORMALITY, a PLANNED Offense, to serve an eternal purpose?

Do you believe that God commanded Adam & then said nevertheless choose for yourself?

Was the FALL - SIN or was it not?

Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DAVEH:  Therein lies the problem, Izzy.  When you hear other TTers saying something untrue about my beliefs, you assume they are correct.    Go back and read what I posted.  I did not say that God tempted Adam and Eve.....that is what Kevin has been to trying to make you think we believe.

ShieldsFamily wrote:

You keep saying the God tempted Adam and Eve.  The Bible says the Snake did it.  Which one do you believe? iz

DAVEH:  Do you believe the Snake represents God or Satan, Izzy?  If you think LDS folks believe the Snake to represent "God", then perhaps you would logically and correctly conclude that LDS folks believe God tempted man.  If LDS folks believe the Snake represents Satan, then the logic of Kevin's argument falls apart.

ShieldsFamily wrote:

(Ever hear of the Snake, Dave?) iz

DAVEH:  Normally I do not engage you in theological discussions, Kevin.  But I'm having trouble resisting on this one.  Do you literally believe the Bible when it says that God tempts no man to sin?  Assuming the answer is yes, then is it not be true that God did not tempt the only man alive to sin in the Garden of Eden?  For that matter, who tempted woman in the Garden....do you believe LDS folks teach it was God as your below logic suggests?   If not, then why would you use such illogical reasoning to explain why my beliefs are wrong?

    Aarrrrggggggggh......I wish I had the fortitude to not bend my own rules!     :-(

Kevin Deegan wrote:

LDS belief posits that A&E sinned because it was God's plan that they must sin in order to allow them to procreate. This proves that the God of Mormonism is not the same charater as the God of the bible who tempts no man to sin! it is that "Angel of light" that tempts men to sin.

Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

DAVEH:  I find that an interesting response, Perry.  Why do you think it is a pure waste of time to consider what God wanted, and Lucifer frustrated?  Extrapolating that logic, it would be a waste of time for folks to talk about becoming perfect as commanded by the Lord.

Perry wrote:
What is the purpose of this conjecture? Adam and Eve fell, so it is a pure waste of time to conjecture otherwise.

--
Dave Hansen

Yahoo! for Good