We can take it off line, if you prefer.  I have no problem ignoring the Attackers who roam TT, however.

I do read your posts as well as Perry's  --   but, lately, you two seem to be in a rut over the speculative issue of the human reality if there had been no sin.

From my point of view,  this could not have happened because it did not happen.   I believe that creation included the creation of more humans than just A & E.   Their story is singled out because of their relation to the story of Christ and the reconciliation of mankind.  Adam and Eve were created for the same perfection we all receive in Christ.

The Cross was a part of the creation equation from before the foundations of the world.   That single event is the context of the Garden Story for me.   Any and all speculation must be considered in the light of the Cross IMO.   Perhaps that is why Perry sees no point in the conjecture in question.

Sin is a transgression of the Law.   But it much more than this.  It is also a systemic aspect of our very nature.  Selfishness is an example of this circumstance.   It is against the will of God but not the Law of Moses, for example.  Adam and Eve is the story of the first TRANSGRESSION.  Their selfishness and pride  manifested themselves in the temptation to sin.   Their disobedience manifested itself in their eating of the fruit.   The story told in Old Testament scripture is, in part, the story of man's relation to the stated Law of God.

Christ on the cross dealt with the consequence of the violation of Law.   But His death also ushered into existence the reconciliation of all things (Col 1:20-24) and the rule of the Spirit.  Adam and Eve were given but one single commandment  -   the fore-runner to the grander Law of Moses.  They were given one thing to do and they couldn't even do that !!!!

Man has a tendency to look to Law as the order of life.   Such is clearly demonstrated by some here on TT.   The fact of the matter, IMO, is something very different.  Kingdom rule is that which deals with the systemic nature of sin.   The Sermon on the Mount was an important aspect of the ministry of Christ, because, in those words,  the Master uncovers the "real" problem with the Law.   "Law" is proven to be of no help (Romans 2 and 3) in dealing with that which is clearly systemic (or "organic" as described by some on this forum).

JD

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Hansen <dave@langlitz.com>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:17:06 -0700
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] The Fall

DAVEH:   Haven't you been reading Perry's posts about it?.........

Perry wrote:
What is the purpose of this conjecture? Adam and Eve fell, so it is *a pure waste of time* to conjecture otherwise.

........It seems that whenever (with some occasional exceptions....DavidM) I've tried to discuss the Fall of A&E with Protestants, they don't want to consider what happened prior to the Fall that precipitated the Fall.  Does that make sense, JD?  From my LDS perspective, there is a lot of extra-Biblical revelation that explains some of the oddities about the Fall of A&E.  Protestants don't have that advantage, so their only response seems to be as Perry's above....a pure waste of time to consider what God wants to happen.

    For instance... .If God does not want sin to enter the world, why did he allow Satan to influence Eve?  Does Protestantism offer an answer to that question?

    BTW........I suspect having a discussion such as this may cause some TTers to have a conniption, which will undoubtedly bring on a slew of ugly posts.  If you wish, we can take this off TT to keep it simple without all the distractions.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

"limited view of the fall."   How so.   Poisoning?   Some think they are the protectors of the truth.   Most of us know that such effort is fully unnecessary.   We are all big boys and girls, in spite of our we often act.  You and Blaine included.....sorry. :-)        Anyway, give it a try.   "How so?"

JD