"Conjecture and personal opinions" of Church Authorities written in Church books  *sigh* CMON
A crafty fellow like you can do better than that.
Why are you afraid of full disclosure?
This is NOT the first time we got into this subject area
it is not the first time you CLAMed up!

I hope you won't not hide a "few problems" if you were selling a house. Would you?
Maybe it would be OK to hide if it were your personal opinion. ERR on the side of honesty.

Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DAVEH:  As I see it, Kevin implied that LDS doctrine teaches that God tempted Adam and Eve, and because of his posts Izzy apparently now believes that I said such.

    Yes Judy.....Kevin does post a lot of LDS related material.  However, much of what he posts is conjecture or personal opinions by LDS folks, and then implies that this represents LDS doctrines.  Sometimes it might, and other times it is merely speculation by those individuals.  As I've mentioned before, LDS doctrines can be found in our Standard Works....the Bible, BoM, D&C and PofGP....which is our Canon of Scripture.  Anything outside that realm is not official doctrine of the Church.  Such things may be true (particularly if they are substantiated by the Standard Works), or they may be opinions, conjecture or speculation that may or may not be true.  But to conclude that they are official doctrines of the Church is not necessarily correct.

    Furthermore, Kevin has at times suggested things that simply are not true.  In the past, I've explained why his conclusions were inaccurate, but rather than acknowledge such, he just continued to spout the same thing....apparently hoping others will believe what he says.  An example of this is when he suggested that there is zero growth of the LDS Church.  Another is when he said that anybody who disagreed with the LDS Church is considered to be an anti-Mormon by LDS folks.   In my opinion, he was trying to persuade others to believe his incorrect conclusions in an effort to denigrate The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints..

    If you have any particular questions about what appears a contradiction to you, or about what any TTers post about LDS doctrines, just ask and I will try to explain it to you as I understand it.

Judy Taylor wrote:
DaveH, Kevin posts excerpts from your own ppl; different Mormon writers - so if what Kevin posts is untrue IYO
are you saying that these ppl are all contradicting one another and that there are all these different beliefs
under the umbrella of Mormonism?