Jesus never said there is only one way to pray.  He gave us a perfect model; not a formula.  iz

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Terry Clifton
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 11:21 AM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk]Barth, the world and tomorrow

Jesus did not teach us to pray like Jabez.

ShieldsFamily wrote:

Good thoughts, Terry.  I also think there are times to be like Jacob, and wrestle with God until we receive His blessing.  I think maybe that characteristic of Jacob was one reason that God liked the ornery rascal.  Funny thing about the prayer of Jabez book.  The first time I ever remember reading thru the OT that verse jumped out at me and wouldn’t let me go.  I prayed that prayer many times because of it, all those years ago.  If only I had been smarter I would have written the Jabez book myself.  J  izzy

"