Intimidatingly well said, John.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: September 22, 2005 02:26
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] dualism and the Christian experience

One additional thought.  With regard to our pursuit of the Living Christ,  which came first   --  bias or revelation?  Almost a redundant question.

The point?    If personal bias predates our Christ experience,  it would seem apparent that as we draw closer and closer to the personal reality that is the Living Jesus,   more and more of our "original" thinking about things religious would be amended.   Change will occur if we are on the right track.   And this change (of ideas and experiential understanding) is an integral aspect of becoming a "new man."  .  Association with the Living Christ will produce great change  -   the unraveling of our personal bias and the subscription to a Divine Bias.

Righteous growth is evidenced in change  -----------  radical change as an end result.    If you are where you were ten years ago  --   at all levels  --  you are not connected to the Living Christ as you should be.  You may have pledged your allegiance to Him.   You may have benefited from His reconciliation.  But a connection to His personality,  His heart, His way of thinking has not been your walk.  Not all change is good, of course.   But a walk with Him without radical changes in the way we think (including doctrine) and act (the way we express the love of Jesus) is simply impossible.

JD