Reminds me of a little book I just read, "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. izzy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Judith H Taylor
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:45 AM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: [TruthTalk] liberals and babies

When liberals abandon knowledge of God, their discernment and wisdom
disappear.

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/09/27/ncoo27.x
ml

Hospital bans 'cooing' over baby
By Paul Stokes
(Filed: 27/09/2005)
A hospital has banned visitors from "cooing" over newborn babies to
protect their dignity and parents' right to confidentiality.
People have been told they should resist the temptation to touch or be
too familiar with the new arrivals. They are also being warned to respect
patient confidentiality by not talking to staff or parents about babies.
Cards have been issued to visitors at Calderdale Royal Hospital, Halifax,
West Yorks, bearing the words "Respect My Baby" on the front. On the back
are the lines written as though from the baby: "I am small and precious
so treat me with privacy and respect. My parents ask you to treat my
personal space with consideration. I deserve to be left undisturbed and
protected against unwanted public view."
The measures were introduced as a result of a Government booklet, Essence
of Care, that explains extra protection for patients
But the hospital's interpretation has prompted criticism from mothers.
Lynsey Pearson, 26, from Halifax, who gave birth to her first child,
Hannah, four weeks ago, said: "This ludicrous idea is taking
confidentiality to the extreme. If people did not ask me about my baby I
would be offended. I am so proud of Hannah and I want to show her off. I
imagine all new mums feel that way."
Debbie Lawson, the neo-natal manager at the special care baby unit, said:
"We know people have good intentions but we need to respect the child.
"Cooing should be a thing of the past because these are little people
with the same rights as you or me."
Information appearing on telegraph.co.uk is the copyright of Telegraph
Group Limited and must not be reproduced in any medium without licence.
For the full copyright statement see Copyright