It says wisdom not Truth

Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It means exactly what it says and God honors it when the motive is pure. Should we throw the baby out with the
bathwater and go off into doubt and unbelief just because Mormons borrow it?  jt

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:41:27 -0400 "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
#1: You've just cited the central Mormon prooftext.

#2  It doesn't mean what you want it to mean, Iz.
James 1: 5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lance Muir

Sometimes ya can and other times...well...nix!

From: ShieldsFamily

This is an example of where it comes in handy to have the guidance of the Holy Spirit, JD.  I know it’s difficult, but you CAN figure out the intended meaning here—just pray and ask the Lord. iz

Let him who steals, steal, no more laboring with your hands.   A verbatim quotation with only a change in punctuation mark moved   ---   and t he original language had no punctuation.

JD