Terry writes  >  I am not certain what David meant.  There is no doubt that he was a big time sinner, but that happened later in life.  Could be that he simply recognized that all humans inherit sinful flesh, a sin nature, pre programmed to be a sinner, but I would not bet a lot of money on my being right.  One thing certain.  He was not a snner from the moment the egg was fertilized.

Here it is from a couple of popular versions:
  • NKJ Psalms 51.5 -- Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.
  • NIV -- Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Terry writes  >  I do not recognise the verse you credit to Paul and the print in Strongs is too small for me to read.  Could you provide the book, chapter and verse?

Romans 5.12 is the one I had in mind:

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. (KJV)

Bill