On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:15:22 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Did you have a comment concerning the demonstrable use of the words/concepts "FAther" and "Son" as applied to the God the Old Testament.   You seem to ignore this fact as you try to move away from the subject of this thread.

I'm not ignoring anything JD and yes, what you believe is a mystery known only to yourself but your statement as follows is false: "Father God is an uniquely New Covenant presentation, as is the Son of God"

God refers to Himself as a Father and Israel as his first born son - see Exodus 4:22,23 and Jeremiah 31:9 -
The OT God is also the Father of all men Malachi 2:10.  I know nothing of your theological gyrations, all I am
saying is that your stated belief above is false.

The Exodus reference is much appreciated.   Three references instead of two!!  Not bad

Secondly, how do you understand the word "presentation?"   Do you actually see a contraction  in this post?  Do you not understand what I believe?   Jd

From: Judy Taylor <jandgtaylor1@juno.com>
But I thought you told me he was an "eternal Son" JD.  How so? since both Father and Son are a uniquely New Covenant presentation IYO?

You do understand the difference between a reality and a teaching, correct?

By the way, Judy, T.   I may have left off an important fact.   A few days ago,
I mentioned that "Father" was a NT presentation and you responded with a seeming
correction, pointing to all those scriptures in Strong's with the word "father."
If I did not make it clear,, I am doing so here  -  of the several hundred OLD TESTAMENT
scriptures with the word "father,"  only two of them apply to God and neither has in mind
the New Covenant usage.  Father God is an uniquely New Covenant presentation, as is
the Son of God .

JD