You might find interesting how another Mormon saw this:

LDS Respondent says:
Patriarchal blessings concerning `moon-men'
These statements meant basically everyone in the universe.  See in
the LDS Church we don't believe that God has limited his ability to
create mankind on this puny little earth.  See our God is greater
than the transparent spirit creature of traditional beliefs.  Our God
has been creating worlds and humanity for all eternity!
  How long has
your transparency been doing it, humm… about 6000 years, pretty puny
God you worship.  What has IT been doing for ALL ETERNITY?

Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: