From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:42:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] corrector/revisor

all that matters..is this a lie?

The fact that he was a scholar devoted to his work now becomes a NEGATIVE for detractors of the TR.
Many some FACTS would be of Interest? OR Maybe not depends on if you are CROOKED, or not.

Erasmus is known to history as one of the most prolific writers of all times.

Among others, Erasmus published five editions of the New Testament in Greek. They were brought out successively in 1516, 1519, 1522, 1527 and 1535.

HE STARTED YEARS BEFORE THE FIRST EDITION IN 1516
In 1505 he wrote, "I shall sit down to Holy Scriptures with my whole heart, and devote the rest of my life to it? all these three years I have been working entirely at Greek and have not been , playing with it." J.A. Froude, The Life and Letters of Erasmus, p. 87

HIS STUDY STARTED IN 1500
In 1500 (when he was 34 years old), he had "formed his resolve to study and edit the Greek New Testament as the distilled essence of that real Christianity which, in the judgement [sic] of reformers and humanists alike, had been overlaid and concealed by the dogmas , and accretions of centuries." Will Durant, The Story of Civilization: The Reformation, Vol. 6, p. 273.

PREPARED HIS GREEK NT during 1509-1514
"1509-14, Erasmus began the great work of his life, an edition of the New Testament and of the Letters of Jerome. "
PUBLISHING & PRESS WORK took TWO YEARS!
"July 1514 Erasmus set forth, and after a triumphal progress through Germany, feted and welcomed everywhere, he settled at Basel to see Jerome and the New Testament through the press. By 1516 they were complete"

ERASMUS A CATHOLIC?
Erasmus refused to use Jeromes Latin Vulgate saying it was "Inaccurate" coming from the corrupt Alexandrian texts
 He boldly stated that he longed to see the Bible in the hands of "the farmer, the tailor, the traveler and the Turk." He also said to "the masons, the prostitutes and the pimps"
Erasmus said "As to me, all I have sought has been to open my contemporaries' eyes and bring them back from ritual to true Christianity."

Erasmus said "Our hope is in the mercy of God and the merits of Christ."
Of Jesus Christ he stated, "He ... nailed our sins to the cross, sealed our redemption with his blood. "

Twenty-three years after his death, Pope Paul IV put Erasmus's writings on the "Index" of books, forbidden to be read by Roman Catholics. Roland Bainton, Erasmus of Christendom (New York: Scribner's, 1969), pp. 277-278

"[H]e was branded an impious heretic, and his works were forbidden , to Catholic readers" Will Durant, The Story of Civilization: The Reformation (New York: MJF Books, 1957), Vol. 6, p. 437.

"The Council of Trent , condemned Erasmus' translation" Will Durant, The Story of Civilization: The Reformation, Vol. 6, p. 285

SOMEONE IS TRYING TO PULL THE WOOL OVER SOMEONES EYES!