-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:54:22 -0500
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] corrector/revisor

Soooo,   the KJV is based upon a corrupted Latin Vulgate that was repaired by the Dutch Catholic, Erasmus  ??  !!!  How did he know that the Vulgate was corrupted?   He only had 4 to no more than 6 greek MSS .   How did he accomplish this?   What were his sources?   How do we know that he made the right decision in every case?   His text contains something like 1838 variant readings  when compared to the Vulgate.   So we just take your word that Erasmus's variant readings are the correct readings ??!!  And in which edition did he do this, Kevin   --   first, second,  or fifth????   Which one is right and how do you KNOW.   I have answered your questions.   Now,  it is your turn.