To begin with the author is not a man Bill

My apologies to men.

<SNIP> Yet you and your scholarly friends (most especially Lance) make the claim that an ordinary person (a plain old vanilla Christian ignorant of Greek) can not know God's Word for one reason or another - the corrupted transcripts being one ... reformation thinking being another ...

This is not true, Judy. I have not made this claim, nor does Lance make it. I do think there is a paramont role within the Church for teachers -- trained, mature leaders who are gifted with the ability to disciple "vanilla" learners.

Did God in His foreknowledge miss this one??  No.

<SNIP> Using Gk grammar to make everything future is what the author of what you call "the polemic" was speaking of.

Your sarcasm is noted, Judy, but I am not making "everything future." I am saying that the "to be" verb in this particular verse as recorded in the TR text is in the future tense and indicative mood.

Bill