Another testimony:

S. Franklin Logsdon (1907-1987) was a respected evangelical pastor and popular Bible conference speaker. He preached at Bible conferences (such as Moody Founder's Week) with well-known evangelists and pastors such as Billy Graham and Paul Smith of People's Church in Toronto.

In the 1950s Logsdon was invited by his businessman friend Franklin Dewey Lockman to prepare a feasibility study which led to the production of the New American Standard Version (NASV). He also helped interview some of the men who served as translators for this version. He wrote the Foreword which appears in the NASV.  As we see in the following testimony, in the later years of his life Logsdon publicly renounced his association with the modern versions and stood unhesitatingly for the King James Bible.  [from: TESTIMONY OF A COMMITTEE MEMBER FOR THE NEW AMERICAN STANDARD VERSION By S. Frank Logsdon]

***Since this confession is not good for business is it any wonder his businessman friend's Corporation is in denial ?

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:42:42 -0500 Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Whether the Lockman Foundation who Logsdon claims "did it for the money" wants to honor his confession is beside
the point.  Fact is he did "repent" so it is NOT a "SILLY RUMOR" as you claim.  No the accuser is as well ensconsed
as ever...  and I am really surprised that you would seek the counsel and dare to post the findings of David Cloud who
would be as far from your theology as east is from the west.  judyt

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:49:25 -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
The claim was first posed to this forum as a rumor  --   with no names, details, or supporting evidence.
You now restate the claim (that a TRANSLATOR of the NASV repented) and once again have associated me with the "accuser."  You and others just cannot have a discussion without making personal attacks.  It is apparently impossible, in your case and Mr Deegan's.  The following is a statement taken from a conservative Baptist KJV only site concerning this rumor of a TRANSLATOR repenting:

Part of the problem has been caused by some who have made claims for Logsdon which he did not himself make. Note that Logsdon never said that he actually worked on the NASV or the Amplified Bible translation or that he was an actual employee of the Lockman Foundation. He did not claim to be "co-founder" of the NASV.

Have a nice day.   Apparently the "accuser" has changed residences  !!!!   :--) JD

From: Judy Taylor <jandgtaylor1@juno.com>
Another baseless accusation JD?  how is it that some ppl just can't learn to recognize the accuser when he comes?
What you call a "silly rumor" is as follows:  The NASV translator is Dr. Frank Logsdon and he writes:

"I must under God renounce every attachment to eh New American Standard. I'm afraid I'm in trouble with the Lord .. We laid the groundwork; I wrote the format; I helped interview some of the translators; I sat with the translator; I wrote the preface.

I'm in trouble; I can't refute these arguments; its wrong, it's terribly wrong; it's fighteningly wrong and what am I going to do about it?  I can no longer ignore these criticisms I am hearing and I can't refute them ...

When questions began to reach me at first I was quite offended. However, in attempting to answer, I began to sense that something was not right about the NASV.  Upon investigation, I wrote my very dear friend, Mr. Lockman, explaining that I was forced to renounce all attachment to the NASV.  The product is grievous to my heart and helps to complicate matters in these already troublous times...The deletions are absolutely frightening .. there are so many .. Are we so naive that we do not suspect Satanic deception in all of this?

I don't want anything to do with it ...
The finest leaders that we have today ... haven't gone into it (the new version's use of a corrupted Greek text), just as I hadn't gone into it ... That's how easily one can be deceived .. I'm going to talk to him (Dr. George Sweeing, then president of Moody Bible Institute) about these things ... You can say the Authorized Version (KJV) is absolutely correct. How correct?  100% correct! ... If you must stand against everyone else, stand."