Can you flesh this out more?

David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Lance wrote:
> What BJ (Bishop John) said herein is that which
> I was getting at re: your visit to 'the campus'.
> IMO, this 'conversation' falls into the same
> category as so many 'exchanges' do on TT.
> Persons just share polarized opinions of a matter
> whilst imbedding their comments ... with
> inflammatory language.

The following passage teaches moderation and artistry in how we answer
foolish people:

Proverbs 26:4-5
(4) Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto
him.
(5) Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own
conceit.

>From my perspective, many on TT have a tendency to linger too much under
verse 4 rather than verse 5. Some people on the list, like Bill Taylor and
Dave Hansen, are better at hanging closer to verse 5, except many times, I
think they would do better to fall back toward verse 4. In the end, where
we hang our hat on these verses effects our fruit, and Jesus Christ will
judge us accordingly. Let each man give account of himself to Christ alone,
according to his own conscience, and let us be careful not to judge another
man's servant. I'm satisfied to walk by this rule.