The prince of preachers, Charles Haddon Spurgeon, in his statement as to why he separated from the London Baptist Association in 1888 wrote, “Complicity with error will take from the best of men the power to enter any successful protest against it. If any body of believers had errorists among them, but were resolute to deal with them in the name of the Lord, all might come right; but confederacies founded upon the principle that all may enter, whatever views they hold, are based upon disloyalty to the truth of God. If truth is optional, error is justifiable.”
This was called the DOWNGRADE
http://www.tecmalta.org/tft351.htm
http://www.spurgeon.org/downgrd.htm

Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/separate/bibdocse.htm
Church history has proven again and again that separation is the only solution to apostasy. There is not an instance in all of church history where a denomination has departed from the Word of God and then some time later returned to a more solid Biblical position. Sad but true, the only effective answer is to come out from among them and be separate.

Dr. John Whitcomb has said it this way: The only possible way to perpetuate His truth is to separate it from all forms of error and compromise. A refusal to recognize this fundamental fact is the fatal blunder of modern ecclesiastical ecumenism in all its forms, including evangelical ecumenism. Truth cannot be perpetuated through compromise and compromise cannot be avoided without separation. This is a formula which God’s people have discovered through centuries of sad experience with the weakness of fallen human nature in the presence of “the god of this world,” and especially through the direct teachings of God’s Word (Christ, Our Pattern and Plan, p. 14).

F.B.Meyer has said, There is not a single hero or saint, whose name sparkles on the inspired page, who moved his times from within: All, without exception, have raised the cry, "Let us go forth without the camp"; and have joined the constant stream of martyrs, confessors, prophets, and saints, of which the world was not worthy, but who can trace their kinship to Him of whom it is written, "He suffered without the gate."

Dr. G. Campbell Morgan also spoke of the urgent need for separation: There is a toleration which is treachery. There is a peace which issues in paralysis. There are hours when the church must say NO to those who should ask communion with her, in the doing of her work, upon the basis of compromise. Such standing aloof may produce ostracism and persecution; but it will maintain power and influence. If the Church of God in the cities of today were aloof from the maxims of the age, separated from the materialistic philosophies of the schools, bearing her witness alone to the all-sufficiency of Christ, and the perfection of His salvation, even though persecuted and ostracized and bruised, it would be to her that men would look in the hour of their heartbreak and sorrow and national need. The reason why men do not look to the church today is that she has destroyed her own influence by compromise.

Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Call it what you want but I see it as Gods Commands to a christian to keep themselves pure.
It is taught in the OT & the New.

2 Co 6 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?  And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

God instructs believers to "try the Spirits." (1 John 4:1-6)
Do not give a false teacher hospitality. (2 John 9-11)
Watch or be on guard for false teachers and regularly warn the congregation of them . (Act 20:26-32)
MARK and avoid false teachers. (Rom. 16:17-19)
Jesus warned us against embrasing false teachers. (Matt. 7:13-23)
Let false teachers be accursed. (Gal. 1:6-11)
Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers (2 Cor. 6:14-17)
“Abstain from all appearance of evil” (1 Thess. 5:22)
Obey not their word and have no company with them. (2 Thess. 3:13-15)
(IT is a COMMAND not a suggestion) Withdraw from those who will not follow Paul's teaching. (2 Thess. 3:6)

    “And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is Eph 5

Watch ye, stand fast in the faith

ShieldsFamily <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Your evangelization method seems to be “Divide and Conquer.”   How’s it working for you? iz