How come you kicked DaveH off?  What he was saying was true.  (See red below) Am I going next?
Blainerb

That is unexcusable behavior in my opinion.

    ???  unexcusable behavior..........what's that mean?  Perhaps you should consult a dictionary before discussing my behavior as being unexcusable.

    FWIW........Not only do I consider your behavior to be less than stellar as well, your opinion as an anti-Mormon doesn't mean a lot to me, Perry.   You are simply too biased against Mormonism to have valid argument worthy of consideration. Furthermore, you've made a public statement announcing that you are going to grind your ax against Mormonism.  So your actions come as no surprise.

     But as the moderator of TT, you are correct.....I should be more respectful of your wishes when you request that I take the discussion off-line.  And for that, I owe you an apology.......but am not sure why, as one of your two posts yesterday simply asked me if we could take the discussion off-line.  (And no....I did not want to take it or this one off-line either.)   The post below however, firmly requested such.   It's just a little difficult for me to do so when you post whatever you want, and prevent me from doing the same.   I don't know if you have noticed, but IMO I've not treated you any worse than you've treated me.  You just happen to hold the big stick.

    So..........IF you have rules to be obeyed on TT.....post them, and when I feel you are violating them, I'll just pitch it back to you.  If on the other hand, I violate them first, then bring it to my attention.  Contrary to Deans assertion that I'm a crybaby over this.....that's nonsense.  I'm just going to mirror back what you send my way.   So far, I've only heard of one firm rule....no ad-homs.....and your request to take the sexual threads off-Forum a month or so ago.....which I did.  I think your action on that one was a bit too restrictive, as you publicly made some false accusations that were not resolved.  Which is why I violated your desire to keep this last one private.  You have made false accusations and refused to back them up with factual quotes to support your position.  Then before the topic can be properly discussed, you ban further posts.

    Do you want to make up new rules for TT, Perry?  If not.......is the ad-hom rule going to be adequate, or are you going to continue banning discussions for no other reason than you think they are disruptive?   In the past, disruptive posts haven't seemed to trouble you too much.  Now that they are a bit closer to home, you seem to be a little overly sensitive to them though.

    The question is why do you feel the need to ban topics if there are no complaints of ad-homs?

    BTW........I'm copying this to Blaine, as I suspect he will be curious as to what is discussed related to Mormonism off-line, and as an LDS TTer, I think there is some pertinence to him in this exchange.......I hope that is OK with you.   I suspect a few other TTers would also like to know what's going on, but you've pretty well eliminated that possibility, Perry.

In a message dated 12/15/2005 7:26:03 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,

Blaine,

   Try reading through the NT and replace every occurrence of the word
"cross" with "star". The text becomes meaningless. The cross is a MAJOR part
of the Chrsitian landscape, directly from scripture. It has meaning and
value beyond merely an instrument of death, and is the VERY symbol of our
freedom in Christ. The star does not.

   The atonement did not happen in Gethsemane, it did not happen at the
resurrection. It happened on the cross. Our Lord cried out "it is finished"
at the moment the debt we can never pay was paid by Him. To deny or to try
to change that is to deny scripture.

Perry