John wrote:
> His reference is to the 12 and with that
> in mind, would you not agree?

No, I still think it puts the emphasis in the wrong place.  Apostles are
basically doers of the Bible.  The twelve would never had been if the
Biblical record had not come first.  We have added some of their writings to
the rest of Scripture, but this only bolsters the point that the apostles
are our examples concerning how we should likewise succeed the Biblical
record.  Very little of the Biblical record has to do with the twelve.  Only
3 of the 12 apostles have given us any Scripture at all.  The tendency to
elevate the Scriptures above the living examples of the apostles is a
mistake IMO.

From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>