On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 05:28:02 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Perry wrote:
> > Now, my question to you...how do
> > I determine if it was the Holy Spirit
> > giving me the understanding, or if it
> > was all in my head?
>

>If you have to ask, then I suspect it was all just in your head.

an expert opinion--eh?

>Scriptures say that my sheep know my voice..we do not realize
>that it was the Spirit speaking to us. .
>
>There are various ways to test a revelation:
>
>1. Our own familiarity with the voice of the Spirit, as I just explained
>(my sheep know my voice). [??]

??--a real expert would never employ the foregoing (dualistic) dialectic in this context

to straighten that out, God's genuine personal revelation is only biblical, otherwise ppl'd have no supremely authoritative cross cultural soulful spiritual super knowledge among them right now

in that, in our most valued partic Protestant Bible (re)sources, JC says his sheep also know his voice, that is, they know the voice of JC who himself has spoken to them, yet, his voice is the very voice which none  today have heard yet and while this truth is miraculous in and of itself like the Bible itself, so is the present existence of truthful sheep-ppl of God, the faithful community of the humble/d who live loved by their Shepherd as in Ps 23

also, no real expert on God says God's Spirit has a voice per se

saying the Spirit speaks may be easily refuted as myth [JC himself has actually spoken in history of and for the Spirit God the Spirit who always pictures himself to his ppl mainly by illumining certain otherwise unillumined  concepts in Christ in which (to them) resides the only reasonable verbal historical revelation]