----- Original Message -----
Sent: January 15, 2006 13:42
Subject: RE: Fw: [TruthTalk] What is the gospel?

For cd: I understand baptism INTO CHRIST as identification with Christ, acknowledging participation in his faith/covenant-keeping for us. That is how it would seal a repentance which recognizes him as the one who has done that, and which therefore abandons effort on one's own behalf. We keep the covenant insofar as we are IN HIM who does so. His acts become ours.

I hope this helps.