"I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star." -- Rev 22.16

I am adopted. And I love the dad who raised me very much. I consider him to be my father -- but I know that I am not his offspring. Rather, I am his because he could not produce offspring. And do you know what? Even if I did think I were his offspring, no one else would believe it -- because they know better.

Jesus knows this too. And he would not say that he was the "Offspring of David" unless it were true. I know this -- and the truth is, you know it too.

Bill