Thanks for the insight..........into David Miller.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org>
Sent: January 23, 2006 09:14
Subject: Re: Fw: [TruthTalk] Lance and "biblical language"

Lance wrote:
IFO see almost no comparison between the ministry
of Jesus and the ministry of Hinn.

I don't know about your extreme view of "NO" comparison, but I certainly
don't find enough in the anecdotes that come my way to warrant me making too
much of an effort to know this man.  At the same time, nobody I have known
flocks to his meeting in such a way as to warrant my concern.  In other
words, he is not a magnet of false theology or a false religious system like
Joseph Smith or other such individuals.  The Bible says that the love of
money is the root of all evil, and every critic I have read always focuses
on the money.  If Benny Hinn were dirt poor, I don't think anybody would
care about him.  His critics would go away.  I think that says a lot about
the motivation of his critics.  Such an observation does not justify Hinn,
it only impugns the critic.  I hope you can understand the difference.

In regards to comparing ministries, I think the following passage ought to
be considered and followed:

Mark 9:38-40
(38) And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in
thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth
not us.
(39) But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a
miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
(40) For he that is not against us is on our part.

Such a passage indicates that there were some who did not do it Jesus's way,
and Jesus himself rebuked those who would forbad such a person.  The
perspective of Jesus was, "he that is not against us is on our part."

David Miller