Lance wrote:
> Ph.D. thesis, David.
> Title, chapter headings, availability to be read?
> That one!

In my biology program, we did not have a thesis for the Ph.D.  We had a
dissertation.  I never completed this part of the Ph.D. program; hence, I
never earned a Ph.D.  My Master's thesis concerned prey size selection and
the foraging ecology of the mangrove water snake, nerodia fasciata
compressicauda.  My study was published in the journal Copeia during the mid
1980's.  I don't have an electronic copy of it.  The library at the
University of South Florida had it on its shelves at one time.  I suppose
you could get a copy through interlibrary loan, but I doubt the subject
matter would interest you much.

I had published another study in Herpetologica sometime around that same
time whereby I described for the first time how these estaurine water snakes
obtained fresh water.  It is a less analytical article that might be more
interesting to you, but I think even its subject matter is of little
interest to most people on this forum.  I don't have the formal references
for these studies available right now.

David Miller