DH:You've been on TT too long NOT TO KNOW that, in the end, Dean's position on these matters will not come close to your (the Mormon) position. When speaking of, say,  DM's position on creation, we do not have a 'house of cards' theology. Even though wrong DM is exegeting his understanding of the Scriptures. In your case you are NOT EXEGETING SCIPTURE, you are proferring Joseph Smith's 'inspired' understanding of the beginning. This IS a house of cards position, potentially. IFF Joseph Smith's understanding does not correspond with reality then...?
----- Original Message -----
From: Dean Moore
Sent: January 24, 2006 06:44
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] beginning

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 1/24/2006 2:07:07 AM

[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
cd This Universe/Time and all therein. The exceptions being The GodHead,Heaven,and the Angles.

DAVEH:  I understand you to mean that the pre-existence (where The GodHead,Heaven,and the Angles were in existence) was not part of the creation in/of the beginning........is that correct, Dean?

cd: Yes I hold that to be correct as we are discussing the beginning mentioned in Genesis 1:1 of this universe. The  GodHead had no beginning not end and the angels came at a different date prior to man.Satan is already in the garden in Genesis and mentioned as both being in the garden and as being created (v. 15) in Ezekiel 28:13-19. Note in verse 16 there is no salvation for his sin -not sins-one is en ought to send one to hell. So don't sin if you don't receive the gift of Christ-Oops too late- for all have sinned and fallen....

Eze 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Eze 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Eze 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Eze 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffic; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

Eze 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.