As I have said before many, many times Lance - God's Word needs no "interpreter"  We need understanding, the
scriptures are to be "understood" rather than "interpreted" and understanding comes from God alone, He turns it off
or on according to the condition of the heart.  God is not mocked....  jt

Judy (and others) uses I Cor 2:10 - 16 to make her point.

The Spirit is given that we might understand the "things freely given to us by God"  (2:12).   And what were these things "freely given to us by God" in AD 60?   I can tell you what Paul does not reference in this passage  --  the Bible.   He is not talking about the Spirit revealing spiritual truths from scripture.   Interpreting scripture has nothing to do with the I Co 2 text and those who claim illumination should know this !!

The "things" mentioned in ver 13, 14 and 15 are those "things freely given to us by God" in verse 12.   What is freely given to us?   Simple , unmerited grace,  the vicarious death of Christ on our behalf,  the Father's decision to no longer consider our transgressions  .............  all of this is centered in the foolishness  of the cross  (2:2).  The Spirit's work of revelatory understanding is directed to those who are mature in the Lord  (2:6) as it concerns the effects of the cross in the lives of those who receive His death and are motivated and controlled by His Spirit.

jd