To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org;TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: 1/30/2006 9:15:56 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Was Jesus of God's Nature?

cd: I think I can if you would be so kind as to point out that passage for me Bill.

jd wrote this text.....not Bill.   The scritpure you asked for is in the paragraph.

Secondly,  we know that Christ was like us, in every respect.  That is the declaration of scripture.   You and Judy apparently enjoy camping on "Like" for the purpose of showing the rest of us that He is not like us !!!    What is the point of Hebrews 2:14-18 if it is not that He is an effective minister to us because He knows what it is like to be human  --  like us??  I do not think you can answer this question.
------------------------

cd: John where is the words" in every respect" in the below Hebrews 2:14-18? As a lost heathen I was a captive of Satan was Christ also a lost man held captive by Satan? There is a difference. Can you hear the answer I am giving to your question?

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behooved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succor them that are tempted.

Something else, Dean.   It has occurred to me that you and Judy believe in two Adams , neither of which is Christ.   You have Adam before the "fall"  a totally different kind of being than the Adam after the falll.   Such is nowhere discussed in scripture.  If I asked for a scripture that speaks to the creaturely Adam as changed in terms of human nature and physical being, you couldn't do  -  so I will not ask.   What bothers me is that that this failure does not bother you while, at the same time, preaching  against "adding to or taking from the meaning (words) " of the revealation of God.

From: "Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If Jesus was not of the first Adam, he was not his descendant and, therefore, was not qualified to bear his name. You and yours are way to American in this regard: you have no respect for heritage, lineage, kinship, family ties. To know the Jesus of Scripture, you need know him as he was in his culture, Dean -- not yours.

Bill