Patience Dean, patience. You're becoming just a little silly.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: February 07, 2006 09:59
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Rightousness (jd 2 cd)

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Lance wrote:Yes Dean, they do. And that MEANING would be..............?

cd: You are asking for my interpretation but to do so could take from or add to the words Christ gave and I am making a point that word have meaning without my explanations. What do you take the words to mean Lance?Don't just look at the words themselves but look at the meaning behind the words.Tell me what this is saying Lance?

John writes:

How do I know what "truth" is from a reading of this passgae?

How do I know what commandmenst are referenced in this reading?

First you seem to say, "Just read the verse, Lance."  And then you say  "Don't just look at the words but look at the meaning behind the words>"

You will pardon the rest of us for being confused.

John

Lance wrote:
"words Christ spoke", "words Bible says" = TRUTH    ?? ACTUALLY Dean, it is the interpretation that you've drawn from both. This is pretty much hermeneutics 101.
cd: If that is to be true-then the words of the Bible have no meaning-due to interpretation.Yet this gospel has the ability to convey meaning without help from any outside sourse.Lance I will add nothing to the words below-Do they have meaning on their own without any interpretational help??