----- Original Message -----
From: Kevin Deegan
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: 3/4/2006 4:09:39 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] *********** To all list members-ModeratorComment***************

Why not do something about Drunk driving?
or would that cut into government profits?
There were 16,694 alcohol-related fatalities in 2004 more than US deaths in Iraq
Why are road blocks never set up in the bar district?
cd: Revenue from the bar district? Maybe:-)

Christine Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
I agree with you, but I would not blame all tradition (which is what religion is, ultimately, no?). Religion has become been used for evil because man is evil. It's like the old adage about whether or not guns kill people, or people kill people.

But just because the answer is "people" does not necessarily mean that you shouldn't put some restictions on the process for purchasing a fire arm. The problem with religion (and also gun control) is that man would still be evil, even without religion and guns.

But I agree with what you have written, Lance. :-)

Were 'religion' to be characterized as (wo)man's self-generated effort at redemption then, I'd say that it IS responsible for much of the evil in the world. Religion is very big in church.