I didn’t look at those links, as I don’t like to view horrific videos.  I’ve just seen enough on TV news.  Was talking about beatings in general, like the one that was all over the media lately in St. Louis.  A man tried to run over a cop and led them on a high speed chase, then jumped out of his car and ran after wrecking the stolen car.  When they finally caught him he fought and they beat the bejeebers out of him.  I think once your adrenalin is that fired up from chasing, apprehending, and getting the cuffs on him, it’s understandable to a degree.  And I figured the criminal didn’t get a lick he didn’t deserve.  The courts sure won’t punish him—he just a victim of poverty, blah, blah.  But now the cops will probably lose their jobs and be harassed about it forever, and maybe go to prison. I’d advise being a bit more understanding of what those cops went through and giving them an unpaid time off from work for a while if they never did it before. Iz

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin Deegan
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 6:00 PM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Militarizing Mayberry

No excuse for police to behave like criminals themselves.

I am afraid we may be seeing a police state develop.

Are you sure all these folks they beat really were criminals?

ShieldsFamily <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think that dealing on a day to day basis with people who live like unreasoning animals desensitizes the police.  They need our prayers more than our criticism. Iz