I don't remember commenting on this and I certainly do not find it humorous.
Jesus did not come to put a bandaid on the "old man" which would be our flesh or "personhood"
The invitation is to become part of a "new creation" - old things pass away and all things become new.

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 07:02:08 -0500 "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
1. I've no idea as we've never discussed it over the years we've come to know one another.
2. 'Personhood' Judy, has been discussed at great length.
As I recall, you found the observations concerning it ('personhood') both ridiculous and humorous.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: March 09, 2006 06:51
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Fw: Open door on the journey

A couple of questions Lance;
1. Is John Wilson preterist like you and is "preterism" his gospel?
2. What is "personhood" and where would one get the idea that Jesus had come to redeem it?

John wrote:
She said she never felt the church was interested in who she was as a person.
I told her that the gospel is for now, not just for eternity; that Jesus came to redeem our personhood, not just save our souls for heaven