Rhetorical questions are intended to provoke thought rather than bring forth an answer. It may well be the case that some, having arrived at the definitive understanding on some matters, believe that any other understanding is itself a lie/deception. That having been said then, no further conversation is possible.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: March 15, 2006 07:47
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Hell

No the conversation goes like this Men HATE the concept of a place of punishment for actual PEOPLE therefore they will do anything to overthrow that PLACE for the disobedient, refered to in scripture. Some alegorize, some remodel some avoid the thought altogether.

Why would Jesus use terminology such as repent - perish - destruction?
And just what IYO is this "Punish with everlasting destruction" that He is going to personaly deliver?
And just what is "the lake of Fire and Brimstone" and why are the Beast and the False Prohet (who were cast in previously) found still there, when the Devil is cast into it. If the proper understanding is that it is figurative of destruction?

Lance Muir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kevin:As to the probability of any conversation, am I to understand your to be meaning something like this: 'The Scriptural teaching on Hell is clear beyond question. What I, along with most everyone I know believes concerning this matter is not open to discussion.' Thereafter you would cite the Scriptures pertaining to Hell, with the accompanying conviction that any differing interpretation of said Scriptures would reflect something negative concerning such an one?

.