Continuing with my farewell impressions...

Although Bill Taylor only recently came onto TruthTalk and our interaction
was rather limited,  I have to say that much of his discussions with me have
left an impact.  While his mindset of the Incarnation and how that impacts
evangelism is very different from my own, I see the grain of truth in his
thinking and have incorporated elements of it in how I approach evangelism.
I realize that saying this may be incomprehensible to some on TruthTalk,
maybe even raise red flags of alarm, but it is very true nonetheless.  Jesus
did indeed die for the sins of the whole world, and part of our message to
others is what are they doing about that fact.  What is their response?

Some other ways that I have appreciated Bill is simply observing his
theological training and manner of communicating.  Some names dropped by him
and others like Lance Muir also have blessed me in directing me toward
further reading and study along theological lines.  While some on TruthTalk
question the value of such, I consider it all part of our culture and an
area of formal training that I have lacked. Therefore, I have appreciated
Lance and Bill in bringing to the table names and works in a framework with
which I have been unfamiliar.

Lance too has effected me positively in several ways.  We approach truth
differently.  Lance takes a much more holisitic approach and is altogether
people oriented.  His criticism of my reductionism and orientation toward
dictum has not gone unnoticed.  It has heightened some of my appreciation
for the Biblical approach to the person of Jesus Christ.  After all, the
entire gospel is centered more on the person of Christ than it is his
teaching and sayings.  This is not to say that I have forsaken the teaching
of Christ altogether, but rather that I have appreciated aspects of Lance
which bring attention back toward the person of Christ and even each other
as people.  Lance sees truth through people more than through expressions
and teaching.  I have learned to appreciate that about him, and to recognize
its Biblical nature.  I only wish we had more time to explore it on
TruthTalk in a way that would have been mutually edifying.

Lance also brought me into touch with Debbie.  Although my interaction with
Debbie has been rather limited, I have appreciated her writing ability and
feel blessed to have been touched by her life.  Debbie at times is able to
hear and see past her own mindset, and other times she is able to forcefully
articulate a viewpoint that can be quite convincing.  Like Lance, she
appreciates the personal over the wrangling of words, and that is refreshing
and brings a different focus at times when such is needed.

I had hoped to finish my impressions by this weekend, but too much has been
going on.  Last night we held a Strings Concert here at my home where all
five of my children performed.  More than 80 people attended.  Then today we
had church here at my home late into the evening.  One of the students at UF
has taken up preaching now too... great praise report...  he preached for
the first time last Friday and plans to continue carrying that torch every
Friday.  He has drawn many other students in this move of God that is
happening at the University of Florida.  We had praise reports of two people
healed of cancer this week at church... lots of things happening.  So,
please forbear with me if I extend TruthTalk yet another day so I can finish
saying my goodbyes.  I guesss there is not much I can say to get everyone to
stop posting dialogue and to say their goodbyes, so I will finish mine as
soon as I can and then take down the list.  God bless you all.  My prayers
are with you Lance and your mother during this time.  Please let us know if
she was a believer in Jesus Christ.  Thanks.

David Miller