Hi,

I had created the module trytonll_party_abn a while ago, but I think that
perhaps this is not the right approach.

The purpose of the module is to validate ABN's ( Australian Business Number
) which I think is the equivalent to VAT numbers. This may need
confirmation as in France there is also the SIRET which is the identifier
of a company.

I wanted feedback in regards to considering that an ABN is actually just a
VAT number. Thus, instead of creating a separate module, I should just
translate the VAT number field and I think that there is a way to extend
the validation method based on the country field?

Having said that, just because the company using Tryton is in Australia it
does not mean that all the clients ( parties ) are from Australia, some
could be from Belgium. That means that the VAT field should actually be a
VAT number and not GST and the label should be relevant.

Vincent B.