On 30/11/11 20:00 +0800, Sharoon Thomas wrote:

> > This means that external programs need to be adapted to follow this
> > convention. Any way, I think it is better than using float/double for
> > Decimal.
>
> agree, but we should provide a JSONEncoder and Decoder class which other
> applications (python) could import from trytond.

It is already the case:

http://hg.tryton.org/trytond/file/4b18342b8575/trytond/protocols/jsonrpc.py#l30

http://hg.tryton.org/trytond/file/4b18342b8575/trytond/protocols/jsonrpc.py#l43

It will be more complicated for XML-RPC as xmlrpclib doesn't provide the
same convenient way.
But anyway, I don't think it is really simplier to import trytond for
such small thing than copy/paste the few lines (they should not change
often).

> > By the way, I think we could also do the same for date.
>
> yes, both datetime.date and datetime.datetime.
> Are you planning to use the isoformat() method on date and datetime ?

In XML-RPC, there is a datetime format. For now, we transformed date
into datetime by appending 00:00:00 to it.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4