On 25/01/12 14:01 +0100, Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> A Dimecres, 25 de gener de 2012 13:45:25, Cédric Krier va escriure:
> > On 16/12/11 09:37 +0100, Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> > - "Adapt assign_try() and pick_product() to take 'lot' field into
> >   account."
> >
> >   I'm not sure this is good. For me, lot is more like a tag on moves and
> >   it should not prevent to validate the move.
> >   Also I think such behavior will be very resource consuming.
>
> I think it should. Of course, we can discuss on what's the best default
> behaviour of stock_lot module, but I'm sure that many companies will need to
> be sure that the current stock levels are ok and that includes the exact lots
> available. If you cannot rely on that, it has no sense to manage lots (at
> least, in many use cases).

For me, I see it as a blocking stuffs that will be very annoying.
If the user pick a product with the wrong lot number, the next guys who
will need to pick the same product, the system will prevent him to do it
because it is the wrong number.

For me, it should really be like a tag and even we should be able to
modify it after the move was done. And it makes no sense to have the
system telling to the user to pick the lot number X out of thousand of
same products from a location.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL