On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Christophe <c...@adiczion.com> wrote:

> I am being tested with Tryton and Nereid. The Nereid demo site online is
> very interesting. So I installed it all (Tryton, nereid, nereid-cms,
> nereid-catalog, nerieid-cart-b2c) and I test ... of course beginnings are
> shy and I have questions.

Welcome to nereid project. Please feel free to ask questions here
(preferred), or in the IRC or even on the Openlabs support chatroom [1].

> The first is about the menus in Nereid CMS, how do we use the menuitems
> from jinja files? you have an example?

I guess this part is something which needs a bit of documentation
explaining how it works.

The nereid.cms.menu model acts as a menu generator for a website. For
example you may want to generate a menu out of all the product categories
in your tryton instance (like in an ecommerce website), or generate your
own tree of menus (like in a CMS). This model is an abstract wrapper to do
just this. Let us take first example of a where you want to have menu
generated just from your product categories:

* model [2]: The target model using which you want to generate this menu
(product.category)
* children_field [3]: The field in target model (product.category) which
would give the children of a selected category. In the case of product
category it would be `childs` [4]
* url_field [5]: The field with will return the url (or link) which the
menu will go to when clicked on.
* title_field [6]: The field that should be used to show the name of the
category in the HTML. Usually name.
* identifier_field [7]: This field would be used for searching the root
menu item when used with `menu_for` (explained below) from Jinja.

To generate custom menu items (like in a CMS) a model is bundled with the
CMS module called nereid.cms.menu.item.

Using from Jinja files:

The module adds a context_processor [8] to the nereid template context.
This means that the function `menu_for` would be available anywhere/anytime
in the template context and calling it would call the method
`nereid.cms.menu.menu_for` [9]. The usage is explained in the doc string.

> and more generally, where I could find examples of different treatment
> possibility of "urlmap".

 Can you be a little more specific in your question ? URLMaps here
correspond to the Werkzeug URL maps [10].

1. http://www.hipchat.com/gSxShDb7L
2. https://github.com/openlabs/nereid-cms/blob/2.6.0.2/cms.py#L73
3. https://github.com/openlabs/nereid-cms/blob/2.6.0.2/cms.py#L74
4. https://github.com/tryton/product/blob/develop/category.py#L13
5. https://github.com/openlabs/nereid-cms/blob/2.6.0.2/cms.py#L80
6. https://github.com/openlabs/nereid-cms/blob/2.6.0.2/cms.py#L86
7. https://github.com/openlabs/nereid-cms/blob/2.6.0.2/cms.py#L92
8. https://github.com/openlabs/nereid-cms/blob/2.6.0.2/cms.py#L205
9. https://github.com/openlabs/nereid-cms/blob/2.6.0.2/cms.py#L148
10. http://werkzeug.pocoo.org/docs/routing/

Thanks & Regards

Sharoon Thomas
Openlabs Technologies & Consulting (P) Limited

w: http://www.openlabs.co.in
m: +1 813.793.6736 (OPEN) Extn. 200
t: @sharoonthomas

- We Win When our Customers Win