Hi,

This is my first post, so hello to everybody :-)

We are planning to develop a custom module that will use attachments a lot.
One of the requirements is that the attachments list has to be inside the
form (not in a separate window as it happens as default), and it is also
important that files can be attached before saving the record that is being
created. I have found a module (
https://bitbucket.org/zikzakmedia/trytond-product_attachments) that does
both things, so it would be "only" a matter of learning a lot more about
tryton and replicating this solution on top of our custom data model.
But I see that the official client purposedly disables the attach button
before the record is created (issue
345001<http://codereview.tryton.org/345001/>),
and I don't know the reason. The changelog says to see the mercurial logs
for details, but I have not found information when searching (
http://hg.tryton.org/tryton/log?rev=attachment).
I'm new to this so maybe I am not searching properly. Could anybody point
me in the correct direction, or explain why attachments are disabled when
record is not created? Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Fernando