El 09/07/14 01:06, Cédric Krier ha escrit:
I would like to request a change in our current mercurial workflow.
Sometimes, when we try to push we got a failure because we create a new
head on the server. It happens generally because we forgot to update the
repository before committing.
For now, in such case, we just merge the heads locally and push the 2 new
changesets.
I find it doesn't generate a good history so I think it will be better
to rebase the changeset we just did on top of the head. This will
construct a more linear history which is quite close to reality and
easier to read/search.
Completly agree with having cleaner history.

Tip to rebase in such case:

     # hg rebase -r <my new changeset>
Just for the record, rebase extension must be activated:

http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/RebaseExtension

--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana
www.koolpi.com